FIELD OF INTEREST
The Alexander Eastman Foundation Health Professions Scholarship Program is for students pursuing post-secondary education or training in a health care field. Consideration for scholarships is based on merit and need. The program is designed to provide scholarship grants from $500 to $2,500 to health care workers who seek to upgrade their professional skills to:
- Utilize new equipment and medical techniques
- Improve knowledge in a specific health care area
- Add to professional qualifications to ensure job security or career advancement
Eligible applicants to the program must:
- Currently practice health-care skills or work in health-service organization in: Derry, Londonderry, Windham, Sandown, East Hampstead, Hampstead, or Chester.
- Be a resident of Derry, Londonderry, Windham, Sandown, East Hampstead, Hampstead, or Chester AND currently practice health care skills or work in health-service organizations in one of the following towns: Derry Londonderry, Windham, Sandown, East Hampstead, Hampstead, Chester, Atkinson, Auburn, Salem, or Pelham.
- Be entering or enrolled in a full-time, part-time or short-term program of study in a health field including, but not limited to: medicine, dentistry, nursing, medical laboratory, radiology, pharmacology, rehabilitation therapy, nutrition, health care administration, or home health care.
- Be an independent student (over age 24 or have others dependent on you).
- Understand and agree to adhere to the above mentioned residency/employment guidelines for at least 18 months after receipt of the award.
With all proposals please include:
WHEN TO APPLY
- Most recent high school or college transcript (if no more than 5 years old)
- Two letters of professional reference from a supervisor, employer, or other person familiar with your work.
- Cover letter with statement about your reasons for returning to or participating in this course of study.
- Top two pages of 2012 tax return (please black out the Social Security number).
Applications received by
June 14, 2013 will be considered in the annual scholarship evaluation process in early August. No late applications will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Download the application from the web site and complete all sections. Either e-mail the application and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail paper copies to:
Alexander Eastman Foundation
75 South Main Street, Unit 7, PMB 250
Concord, NH 03301
To request an e-mailed or paper copy of the application, please call Betsy McNamara at 1-888-228-1821 x81 (toll free), or e-mail email@example.com.
Applications must be received by June 14, 2013 by mail or electronically. Applicants must submit applications and attachments either all in electronic form or all in paper form the format may not be mixed. All applicants will receive a written or e-mailed confirmation of receipt. Applications may not be hand delivered.
Download copy of Scholarship Application
Click here to download a copy of the 2013 scholarship application and guidelines.