FIELD OF INTEREST
The Alexander Eastman Foundation Health Professions Scholarship Program is for students pursuing post-secondary education or training in a health care field. Consideration for scholarships is based on merit and need. The program is designed to provide scholarship grants from $500 to $2,500 to health care workers who seek to upgrade their professional skills to:
- Utilize new equipment and medical techniques
- Improve knowledge in a specific health care area
- Add to professional qualifications to ensure job security or career advancement
Eligible applicants to the program must:
- Currently practice health-care skills or work in health-service organization in: Derry, Londonderry, Windham, Sandown, East Hampstead, Hampstead, or Chester.
- Be a resident of Derry, Londonderry, Windham, Sandown, East Hampstead, Hampstead, or Chester AND currently practice health care skills or work in health-service organizations in one of the following towns: Derry Londonderry, Windham, Sandown, East Hampstead, Hampstead, Chester, Atkinson, Auburn, Salem, or Pelham.
- Be entering or enrolled in a full-time, part-time or short-term program of study in a health field including, but not limited to: medicine, dentistry, nursing, medical laboratory, radiology, pharmacology, rehabilitation therapy, nutrition, health care administration, or home health care.
- Be an independent student (over age 24 or have others dependent on you).
- Understand and agree to adhere to the above mentioned residency/employment guidelines for at least 18 months after receipt of the award.
HOW TO APPLY
Please go to https://alexandereastman.egrant.net to begin your application.
- You will need to use Internet Explorer as your browser for the on-line application.
- You will need to register as a first time user.
- You will be able to save your work as you proceed, coming back later to complete.
- The application contains character limits. You may wish to draft responses in a word processing program where you can count characters and then paste them in.
- You will be asked to upload supplementary documents, such as a resume. You can upload any standard format (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.).
Paper versions of the application are still accepted and may be downloaded here. To submit a paper application, either scan and email the completed application and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Alexander Eastman Foundation
75 South Main St, Unit 7 PMB 250
Concord, NH 03301
Mailed applications must be received by the deadline. For questions regarding the application or application process, please contact Betsy McNamara at email@example.com or 603-219-0699.
Applications will be due in June, 2014 and grant decisions will be made in August, 2014.